Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Conversations with Adam - hindi naawa sa lolo na nasa jail

Some snippets of my conversations with Adam last Wed, March 22, 2023

When I picked up Adam at his school, 11 am today: 

me:  Adam, I am going to the barber shop today for my hair cut.  Do you want me to bring you home muna or do you want to go with me in the barber shop?

Adam:  I don't like to go home now, I like to go with you. 

me:  OK. (aba, happy naman ako that he wants to stick with me) 

me:  You see that is one barber shop (me pointing to Nilo's Barber Shop), but I cannot go there now because there is no parking space, and I cannot park on the streets. 

Adam:  Yeah, you cannot park on the street because it will block the traffic.  

(He picked up that idea from me; the day before, I explained to him about the "No Parking" signs along Lopez avenue; it is illegal and it will block the traffic.) 

me: Yeah, if I park on the streets, and if a policeman coes around, the policeman will tell me (now in a deep dramatic voice")- "Mr. Ani, you are violating the law, because you are parking on the street. Do you like to go to jail?" 

Adam:  The policeman will say that you are blocking the traffic. 

me:  Adam, do you want me to go to jail?  If I go to jail, nobody will bring you to school every day. (with a paawa effect) 

Adam:  Someone will bring me to school.  My daddy will!  

me: hahahaha.  (I am feeling disappointed na hindi siya naawa sa akin na I am in jail)

Adam:  If you are in jail and not available, my daddy will bring me to school. (said with big emphasis)  

me:  Ok  (naawa naman ako sa sarili ko, kasi hindi siya maaawa sa akin maski nasa jail ako)

Then, we went to the Barbershop in Opal street, which has aircon and TV, Adam sat on the bench and he enjoyed watching the TV.  Then, after the haircut, we also talked about the two fire trucks, two ambulances, 2 rescue vehicles that are park in the barangay hall. 

Masaya siya na mamasyal muna sa ibat ibang places after his school.  Ayaw umuwi agad.

-----------  Posted April 5, 2023 ---------------


Adam does not want to go to jail with me

Below is part of my conversation with Adam today, April 5, at 8 am .  We just dropped off Ashley in her school. We went back to the UPLB fie...