Below is part of my conversation with Adam today, April 5, at 8 am.
We just dropped off Ashley in her school. We went back to the UPLB field, and we parked the car near Milka Krem store (besides Baker Hall), and then we walked, to come closer and watch the construction going on.
me: Adam, see there. There are 7 concrete mixer trucks there and they are pouring cement onto the fifth floor of that building.
Adam: No, there are 10 mixer trucks, not 7. (He counted again, and he saw three more mixer trucks parked about 100 meters away.)
Adam: I enjoy watching this. It is cool.
me: Yes, you are right, there are 10 mixer trucks. See that Truck number 1, it is now pouring cement into the black-and-yellow Pump, which pumps the cement mix to the 5th floor using a long pipe attached to a crane.
Adam: Yes, let us come closer, I want to see it. (We walked closer to the construction site so he can observe the work of the builders).
Adam: Why did the pouring stopped? I wonder what is the problem.
me: Maybe they have a problem up there, and the Engineer want to stop it muna.
Adam: The Engineer up called up the operator and asked him to stop because there is a problem. (Then we watch, to observe what is the problem).
me: Look, they are moving down the pump, and bringing it down.
Adam: Maybe, that is the real problem. Maybe it is clogged with cement and they need to clean it first.
me: Yes, maybe you are right, they will bring the pump down, and clean it first with plenty of water, then bring it up again, and restart the pouring
Adam: Yes, I think that is what they will do. Someday, I will be a builder too, an engineer.
Adam is so fascinated with the construction process that we stayed there for about 15 minutes, just watching. Then, we walked towards the parking area. He is very happy. It is his first time to see cement mixer trucks pouring cement into a building.
================
Then, Adam saw a white small dump truck picking up garbage bags, from the trash bins in the field.
Adam: Let us watch that truck. It is picking up all the trash bags.
me: Yes. (then we stood there under the acacia tree observing how the truck picked up the trash bags).
Adam: This is cool. This is my first time to see a truck picking up trash bags.
================
Then, we went back to the car, we shall go to the waiting shed near the Economics Building because I need to pick up an ordered item from a supplier. On our way to there, I came to a corner.
me: Adam, can you see that sign on the post? It says "No Left Turn".
Adam: why does it say No Left Turn?
me: Maybe, because they dont want many cars going into that road. That is part of the rules, of the law, we need to obey the law. If I violate the law, then the policeman will catch me and bring me to jail.
Adam, do you want to go with me inside the jail?
Adam: No. I dont want.
me: Are you sure?
Adam: I don't want to go to jail with you.
me: hahahahaha. so I will be in jail alone?
Adam: hmmmmm, I love you lolo.
me: what did you say?
Adam: I love you lolo.
me: (I just smiled.)
Adam is commiserating with me, by expressing his love for me. He feels pity for me. but he does not want to go to jail. :)
-------- Posted April 5, 2023 ---------

